SPOILER WARNING



src: panicmoon

SPOILER WARNING: This blog contains spoilers from the Song of Ice and Fire books and the Game of Thrones TV series. Please exit this page immediately if you do not want to ruin the show/books for yourself. Please be considerate of others who do not want to be spoiled before sharing what is mentioned here.

If these theories turn out to be what George R. R. Martin has planned, it might ruin the ending for some people. Don't let it spread like wildfire over the internet like other theories *cough*R+L=J*cough*. I don't intend to spread this blog around to the multitudes just so I can look like the smarty pants who knows everything about everything on ASOIAF. I just put this on the web so that those who really, really couldn't wait for answers could find them and have hope.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Will Khal Drogo Return?

src: gameofconfessions
This topic has been debated amongst A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones fans for years. Many fans believe that bringing dead characters back to life is not what George R. R. Martin should do as it would have made their deaths meaningless. If he wanted the characters in the story later on, he should not have killed them off in the first place. Though it would seem to be a terrible, random, and pointless plot device to bring back a deceased character, perhaps there would be an exception for Khal Drogo. Why? He had a mysterious death imbrued with Blood Magic and a "prophecy" was made stating when he will "be as he was". At the end of A Dance With Dragons, we see that some of the conditions of the prophecy have been met. All we need to do now is wait for the last two books in the Song of Ice and Fire series, The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring, to be published to see if he comes back. Until then, all we can do wish, hope, and speculate.

19 comments:

  1. It would be awesome is they brought Drogo back. His character was supposed to be intimidating, but we never really got to see him in battle.

    I just think much more can happen with that character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when Drogo died i was depressed.i couldnt beleive in real life it could affect me this much.i only watched game of thrones because of khal drogo.a part of me grew bored to even continue watching when they killed him off...guess i will have to continue watching because i began watching...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see him return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was also thinking what Dany andno one ele saw in the tent when the ritual was being performed meaning the shadows that Dany saw and one of the shadows as a giant Direwolf etc.. I was wondering if the Starks had something that connected them and stuff or maybe it was other deaths that were caused by Lannisters? I was thinking of the shadows and he shadows that represented different things and the one that stuck was the Wolf and since Eddard was murdered mercilessly and unnecessary that maybe his spirit imbued one of the dragons. Dany also thought of her eggs before she performed the ritual and where she placed one egg on the coals and let it burn and while everything else around it burnt away the egg remained unscathed and she felt the warmth of the egg, but others just felt it was cool. I thought that was significant as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok so i have been reading websites and EVERY SINGLE fan wants him back. i desperately want him back too. Someone should do a petition

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just started watching game of thrones season 1 and fell in love with Drogo right away... i look forward to watching every season until i learned that his character died.. so i guess i'll just finish season 1 and will not continue unless they will bring him back to Dany...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly your way is so logical cause he is the symbol of pure senses . After drogo , nothing is pure and you cant choose any character for you if you choose him at the beginning of g o.t

      Delete
  7. I became a fan of Drogo in book 1 before the TV show and was really pissed that HBO screwed the wedding night. I became a fan of Jason Momoa when he rode up to palace to look Dany over,,, ooh that dark intense look he gave her and then rode off... swoon. I have hoped that HBO would write him in as Dany's dreams. It would feed our need to see that gorgeous man and not completely screw the books up until Geo RR writes him back in (which I think he will and my money is on a dragon shifter named Drogo who cannot shift until he is fully grown male)because he would never leave her unprotected even if he had to become a dragon shifter to do it.
    Thats my wish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tiny season 3 spoiler below - just in case you're the one person in the world who hasn't seen it....

    At the very end of "The Climb" in season 3 - when Jon and Ygritte kiss - we are looking South from the top of the Wall. The Sun is rising to our right - the West.

    One down - two to go...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wtf... you know the east can be on your right depending on which direction you're standing, right?

      Delete
  9. I was hurt for days literally when they killed him off. I even woke up thinking about it. It made me not even want to continue watching it. At the end of season 2 when she saw him in an illusion she kept saying when the sun is rising....etc So some how I believe he will return b/c he was to strong for them to give him such a weak death.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I WANT DROGO BACK!!!! Only reason I started watching this series was beacause of there love story. BEST COUPLE. :DDDD I'm only on ep 8 of the first season so I didn't get that far but now I know because someine told me. I don't even want to watch him die even though the makw up and beard was killing it for me he actually turned out to be my favorite male character and he grew on me now I cant continue the series without him. I wish they would have kept him and her son in the show because it would have made MUCH MUCH MORE of a thriller. :(( I hope his character comea back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I felt absolutely devasated when Drogo died, his character was so much more than 1 series and it was a weak death to give such a man. I honestly don't think I can watch the rest of the show knowing he is not in it :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. *Spoiler* I think the "sun" is Quentyn Martell who comes drom Dorne(West) and Dies in Essos(East)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't care for Spoilers!! Tell me My Drogo will live again!! PLEEEASSEE
    tell me this REALLY will happen!...and SOON!
    I literally cried for DAYS after his death...
    I don't ever get This attached to books/shows but for some reason I cannot stand another episode without him T___T

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. He should be brought in next season 6 or else there will be no best character plzzz plzz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me 2. When khal drogo died i even stopped watching the series. I don't know why it affected me so much. They need to bring him back

    ReplyDelete
  17. We need khal drogo back to the series. Is there anyway possible we can do anything other the hope?

    ReplyDelete